The UK e-Science All Hands Meeting provides a meeting place between computing science researchers, researchers from a wide range of discipline domains and those who support the combined research. It is interdisciplinary and almost uniquely provides a forum for meetings across boundaries that would otherwise not take place.
Its stated aims are:
- A strengthening of the community that engages in e-Science research.
- Improving the impact of e-Science achievements on all disciplines.
- Accelerating the uptake of international e-Science innovation.
- Bringing students and those new to the area up to speed quickly.
- Ensuring that UK achievements in e-Science continue to be well recognised internationally.
- Providing a meeting place for the formation of interdisciplinary research consortia.
- Creating opportunities for synergy, resource pooling and shared facilities.