This year sees e-Science firmly established as an important discipline with an expanding set of practitioners. All Research Councils are engaged, and JISC is committed to transferring the results of e-Science research into everyday practice in higher education.
We look forward to welcoming you to this year’s All Hands Conference which remains the key event in the e-Science calendar. We are fortunate to have an excellent set of invited speakers:
- Dr Timothy W. Foresman: University of Maryland, USA and key figure in the Digital Earth Project
- Professor Derek Hill: University College London, UK – Medical Image Computing
- Professor Thomas Kirkwood: University of Newcastle, UK, 2001 Reith Lecturer on Ageing
- Dr Satoshi Sekiguchi: National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan – a leader of Japanese e-Science activities
- Professor John Wood: Chief Executive Officer, CCLRC, and Chair of JISC Support of Research committee, UK
- Professor Anders Ynnerman: Linkoping University, Sweden – Medical Visualization.
The packed programme reports the latest results in e-Science as papers, posters, workshops and BoFs – plus an exhibition demonstrating practical achievements.
We are very grateful once again to our premier sponsor, JISC, who have made a very generous donation towards the cost of the conference – this with other sponsorship allows us to keep the registration fee very affordable.
Please join us at the East Midlands Conference Centre in Nottingham from 10 th-13 th September 2007. We are sure you will enjoy the conference, the exhibition and the opportunity to meet friends old and new.
Steering Group Chair